Friday 2 October 2009

Product Rave: Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo

Hi Ladies! So I'm finally back with a super massive product rave, and it is the schwarzkopf gliss hair repair shampoo. I saw this in my local pharmacy, and was attracted to it as it contains argan oil which seems to be the current hype for hair care. If you havn't heard about argan oil before it is a natural oil derived from the argan tree which is believed replenish and strengthen damaged hair. Although I no longer colour my hair, it is pretty long and breaks quite easily, with the colder weather on its way i have been looking for a nourishing hair repair shampoo so was really pleased to come across this! So here is the shampoo (my 2nd bottle!) pictured below:

I have never tried anything from the GLISS range before, however I can remember once reading that Rachel Stevens uses the GLISS shine tonic (and doesn't she have lovely hair!) so when I saw this on the shelf for £1.99 I definately thought it was worth a try!

It is described on the bottle as an anti split end shampoo which repairs inside the hair cell. The blub on the back says ''because the gliss cell repair system contains proteins that are identical to the hair itself , it is able to repair the hair from deep inside'' (sounds pretty good eh!)

After about two weeks of using this shampoo daily I have to say I am really impressed, I'm usually a bit of a snob when it comes to hair care and although I definately have my holy grail conditioner (tigi catwalk fashionista) I have never found a shampoo which quite matched up to it. This shampoo leaves my hair feeling soft and silky and tangle free, although I'm not sure whether I have fewer split ends I have definately noticed a difference in the strength of my hair - I have less breakage when I brush it, and my ends feel more nourished and a lot less dry!

I can definately recommend it for someone who would like to try a hair repair shampoo without a salon product budget - I'm defiantely going to give the conditioner a try too so i'll let you know how I get on with it!

Hope you're all well, have a fantastic weekend!

DaisyBee xxx

8 comments:

  1. yay daisy your back! i have to try this shampoo im looking for a change from my herbal essence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink & purple ones are really good too & super cheap xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I've never even thought about trying anything from that range. Sounds great! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much do these cost? I've tried one of them before that my housemate had and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Daisy I got mine for £1.99 from a local pharmacy but rumor has it, it sometimes crops up in some pound shops! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh i may have to purchase this my hair is so damaged at the minute n i want to grow it thanks for the fab review :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ee.. this looks good.
    haha.. the thing is i never used to find anything i liked in h and m. now I do.. :) nowadays i feel grubby in jeans and a t shirt so i end up always overdressing just to go out. haha. :)
    just taken the pictures for jewellery post.. on my bedcovers. how lazy is that.. whoops :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised, I used this once (as I love the pink one) and my hair felt heavy and looked greasy.. I Just mustn't have washed it out properly lol will definitely be giving it another go!

    Looking through your blog now and enjoying it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx