Wednesday 31 March 2010

Some Elf bits and bobs :-)

Hi Ladies,

I thought I'd give you a quick run down of a few elf products I have purchased in recent months!
First up is two of the single eyeshadows from the studio range, Sand dollar on the left and butter cream on the right.

I bought these when I was on the quest for a natural eyeshadow to wear all over my lid on a day to day basis. These are the two lightest eyeshadows elf do in their studio line, and although they are both pretty I have to say they are not quite the colours I expected from the swatches on the website, butter cream in particular is alot more yellow toned than it looks on the website. Sand dollar is completely white with some shimmer - very pretty for brightening up the inner corner. The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is ok. Not bad but definately not the best, I think the darker eyeshadows in this range probably have better pigmentation. The best thing about these shadows is the little mirror on the inside which is always handy!

Next up is by far one of my favourite elf products - the warm bronzer from the studio range.


I am sure you will have already heard about this bronzer but just incase you havn't the first thing I will say is that it is a total bargain for £3.50! It contains four colours which you can either blend togther or use alone. I mix them together and apply lightly with a big fluffy brush for a lovely natural sunkissed glow! The only problem I have with this product is that this is my 2nd bronzer and both of mine shattered once I hit pan on them, the same happened to my sisters and I don't think the pan holds the product particulary well so you have to be quite careful with it!

and finally, the studio powder brush.

I love this brush! It is so versatile, I have used it to apply mineral foundation, bronzer, blusher, powder and even liquid foundation! It is kind of like a flat topped kabuki but with a longer handle! When I first used this brush I was amazed by how soft it was, it feels lovely and smooth on your skin - definately one of my top elf purchases! I have quite a few elf brushes both from the studio range and the normal range and I'm always impressed with their quality.

Thats all for now! Hope you're having a fab week!

3 comments:

  1. The E.L.F studio line powder brush is my favourite brush of all time! I have three! it's leave your foundation so flawless and smooth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely things! I must order some ELF soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ELF, did you get 20% off?
    I ordered yesterday, trying the gel liner in midnight. And the primer is a must.

    X

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx