Wednesday 26 August 2009

My top three foundations :-)















Hiya! So, I thought I'd do a quick post on my top three favourite foundations :-) I have naturally blonde hair and extremely fair skin so find it very hard to find foundations which match my skintone. I also have very sensitive skin and have to be careful with what I try. After alot of trying and testing I have found three foundations which manage to meet all my requirements! :-D

First up is MAC studiofix fluid, the colour I use is NW15. You might be able to tell from the photo that compared to the other two foundations, especially Stila, studiofix is the darkest shade I have. My skin is slightly lighter than a NW15 however I tend to wear this when I go out during the summer and I have a bit of a tan. The formulation of studiofix is fantastic it literally stays put all day, it blends nicely into my skin with a 187 and provides the most long lasting coverage I have ever had from a foundation. However I do find it a little heavy for day to day wear and as I said earlier tend to wear it on nights out, for special occasions and long days at work!


Next up is Stila's illuminating liquid foundation in 10 watts. This foundation is much truer to my natural skin tone. For me, it bridges the gap between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation giving me just the right amount of coverage during the summer months! The best thing about this product is the amazing dewy glow it gives you, I have never known a foundation like it! it leaves you with a beautiful natural finish and smells lovely too! I know this is really hard to get hold of in the UK now (i'm treating this bottle like gold dust!) but I think there may be some places online that you can still order it. It also comes with a pump so you can use just the right amount!

Last but by no means least is prescriptives virtual skin, in which I have the colour yellow/orange real cream 02. I love love love love love this foundation! it is long wearing, oil free and gives a really natural finish, I love prescriptives makeup and you don't seem to hear about it much so here is a massive big up to prescriptives! If you're looking for a natural long lasting foundation I can highly reccomend virtual skin. I think it cost about £23 so is on par with most high end foundations.

Lastly, today I was thinking about the foundations I used to use when I was younger. I was a die hard fan of maybellines dream matt mouse, I can't remember what shade I used to use but if i ever ran out and my colour was sold out I would literally buy whatever other colour superdrug had to offer! I loved the stuff! did anyone else use this foundation? I'm getting all nostalgic and want to go buy some! Does anyone have any great foundations they'd like to reccomend?

Thats all for now!

Daisy Bee xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thnx for your lovely comment on my blog!

    I am going to follow ur blog in return :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use dream matte mousse all the time too! I now have mac sff like you and dior forever. I am going to buy two prescriptives foundations when I get paid. I was thinking of the mineral one and virtual matte. have you tried them?
    I have really pale skin and heard bobbi brown is good for light shades so will probably take a look at hers too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried virtual matt which is really nice, its very similar in coverage to sff i've never tried the mineral on so you'll have to let me know what thats like if you get it! I think prescriptives is a really underated brand especially for foundation. Flawless skin is a great one too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog thru lily loves lola.. love it! so informative! ive been wanting to try Elf for ages, but the price which is gr8 also put me off i worried the stuff was maybe cheap quality.. now i know its not im gonna give it a go :). i also have fair sensitive skin, i dont have great complexion but hate heavy foundation so i use no7 foundation from boots in new ivory. its a thin light foundation that stays put all day and is only £14! id be tempted to try perscriptives now uve reviewed them thou..
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to try the no7 one, new ivory definately sounds like my kindof shade! I can highly recommend the perscriptives foundation, they spend quite a lot of time colour matching you there and have a really vast selection of colours which is always good! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx