Tuesday 25 August 2009

Mini ELF Haul

















So, about a week ago I recieved my first ever ELF order! I only orded a select few things i'd had my eye on for quite a while with the intention of seeing how I get on with these and ordering more later on. I've used all the products for about a week now so I thought i'd show you what I got and give you a mini review on them :-) You may notice that I didn't buy anything from the studio range this was due to me being totally skint at the time and wanting to get the most products for my money! However my sister did order some things from the studio range and I might ask her for her opinions on them/see if she'll let me try them! Right...lets get started!


First up therapeutic conditioning lipbalm in strawberry creme I really like this product, it glides on easily and stays put on the lips. The scent may be a little overpowering/too sickly sweet for some people but I love strawberries so it gets a thumbs up from me! I tend to apply this before I go to bed and first thing in the morning, it really needs time to soak in as if you apply lipstick too soon after it will unsuprisingly slide straight off! all in all, a great addition to the handbag!


Nail Varnish in mod mauve This is a fantastic colour however beware the swatch on the website is not true to the colour, in reality it is considerably darker. Its a lovely sort of grey plum colour, and looks great after two coats.


All over cover stick in fair I was probably most disappointed with this product, the fact that it is scented kindof put me off a bit and it is extremely difficult to blend however after sticking with it and using it a few times it is great if you need alot of coverage anywhere and doubles up as a base for the eyes!


Kabuki face brush Although not as dense a brush as I was hoping it to be, this kabuki has been great at buffing in my mineralize skin finish and I can highly reccomend it to anyone who wants to try a kabuki on a budget!


Blending eye brush I LOVE this brush! it was not as fluffy as i expected (see comparison above with my stila travel blending brush) I would say it is a little shorter and thicker than a regular blending brush however this makes it great for blending out harsh lines and even applying shadow to your outer corner. I have used this every day since purchasing and am definatley ordering a backup!


Everything I bought was £1.50 apart from the kabuki which was £3.50, all absolute bargains I'm sure you will agree! Also keep your eye on the ELF facebook page for free delivery and discount codes!
Thats all for now folks!
Daisy Bee xxx


4 comments:

  1. I've just ordered 18 products from ELF.
    My first ever time, and the all over colour stick was one of them.
    What does it smell like :(
    Hmm... is it really that bad?
    If not, ahh well it was only £1.50
    Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not too bad at all, its smells like oranges lol. Definately let me know how you get on with your new things! i'm already putting things on my list for a 2nd order!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your blog Daisy, you're so sweet :)
    And I'll see how it is when I receive my order. I got a text from ELF yesterday saying it was dispatched so hopefully I'll get it today.
    I'll blog my haul & then do some reviews so watch out for them :)
    Love Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. still waiting on my box to arrive! but i got the same blending brush and same nail polish, also the concealer quad and bunch of other stuff i can't even name! Lots of studio brushes!!!but no lip products :( Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx