Wednesday 24 February 2010

A Mini Mac Haul :-)

Hi Ladies,

I went shopping last week and picked up a couple of things from MAC so I just thought I'd share with you what I got :-)

I was looking for a couple of new eyeshadows for everyday wear. I love shimmery shadows but for day to day wear I often go a more understated, matte finish. So the two I went for were corduroy (a matte) and brule (a satin).

Corduroy is a fab, true medium brown with the slightest red undertones. I have a similar shadow in a clinque duo called tigerlilly, which I have pretty much used up so I know I'm going to get my use out of this one! It is a great shadow for the crease, as it will go with almost everything and its slightly lighter and warmer than it looks in the pan which makes it perfect for day time wear. It is a matte which makes it slightly harder to blend than some MAC shadows, but once its on it stays put all day, I'm really impressed with this one its hardly left my handbag!

Brule is the perfect shadow for the no makeup, makeup look. Its a really pretty, natural colour with the tiniest bit of shimmer. I've used it as my staple everyday lid colour (paired with corduroy) ever since I got it, and I love it! I've also used it a few times with all that glitters in the crease, for a really understated look and a couple of times to tone down my eye makeup on nights out when I've put a bit too much on!

The last thing I purchased was the studio finish concealer in NW15

There isn't really much I can say about this concealer, it does exactly what it says on the tin! It has quite a thick consistancy gives really great coverage so Its definately one you can rely on to cover any blemishes. I've been putting it on before my foundation, as I've found it easier to blend this way :-)

thats all for now!

Speak Soon,


7 comments:

  1. Everything looks really good! I'm jealous ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that concealer! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of Brule. I have got a dark brown eyeshadow similar to Courdroy, I think it is called Mystery and I love it on the crease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love corduroy, it's one of my favourites. great choices! whats the concealer like? ive always been interested to try it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hon! Love Cordyroy, looks gorgeous! Hope you're well! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brule! I wear it so much for work x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shadows! Just to let you know I've awarded you the Sunshine Award on my blog

    May
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx