Monday 10 September 2012

Daisybee Bakes! (my best cake yet)

Hi Ladies,

Over the weekend it was my boyfriend's mum's birthday. I really enjoy baking, and since I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and started eating gluten free I have loved the challenge of trying to create gluten free bakes which taste as good as their gluten filled counterparts! So after watching an episode of The Great British Bakeoff (my current TV love). I donned my apron and decided I would bake a 4 layer birthday cake complete with mini fondant icing figurines of their two border collies (all gluten free of course!). Four flat as a pancake sponges later I was not feeling quite so confident, but after a lot of patience and perseverance it all turned out perfect in the end and I was super chuffed with the result.





I really enjoyed making it, and it went down well with everyone at the Birthday BBQ! :) I would love to go to a cake decorating class, I find baking really relaxing and enjoyable.

Next up - A formula 1 car for my boyfriends birthday - uh oh!

Hope you have a lovely week, and let me know if you would like to see more of my gluten free bakes :)


12 comments:

  1. The Great British bake off has been so good this year! I love tuning in and seeing what delights they come up with each week. Your cake looks amazing though, the figurines are so realistic and they look so cute sitting on the grass! Would love to see what you come up with for the Formula1 cake x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! :) I can hardly wait for the bake off tomorrow! Its been fantastic so far, I loved the torte challenge they all looked so delicious! x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I'm well impressed. What colour did you do the layers? I did a three layer pink ombre cake (so easy to make), you can find it in the how tos page on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren :) The pink ombre cake sounds lovely I will definitely check it out! This was just 4 wonky layers of victoria sponge! x

      Delete
  3. This looks great!
    I'm following a gluten free diet so I'd love to see more recipes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Thankyou so much for your comment :) I will definitely post some more gluten free recipes, and maybe some of my favourites from the supermarkets too! x

      Delete
  4. Looks great! You're very talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum's best friend coeliac disease too so this has inspired me to bake her something!! :) Thank you, it looks awesome.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear! good luck with your baking! :) x

      Delete
  6. Wow, your icing looks amazing!! Considering how much I love baking, I haven't tried fondant icing and I haven't seen the GBBO. Does that make me a bad baker lol? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! definitely not! But you should definitely see what you think of the bake off, its like X factor but with aprons and beautiful cakes what more could you want!? x

      Delete

Thankyou for your lovely comments! :-) xxx